Mission: The mission of the AECDC is to actively collaborate with others to provide community-based social, legal, educational, and health-related services.
- Our clients, referred by agencies and other service providers, are the elderly, disabled, very young and other at-risk individuals and families struggling with health and safety, social, legal and economic issues.
- Through accessible, community-based programs, the AECDC serves people of all races, ethnicities, ages, genders, and religions, with linguistic and cultural sensitivity.
Eligility for AECDC services is determined by income, with eligible families earning up to 350% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Referral for Services: Clients must be referred by another agency and call for an appointment. Our clients come to us from many local health and social service agencies. With our small staff and office, we cannot accept "walk-in" clients.
We achieve our vision and accomplish our mission by:
- providing free or low-cost services for people in need of durable medical equipment, baby equipment and supplies, and health insurance information.
- providing information, referral, advocacy and follow-up for clients needing additional services, such as food, housing, employment, legal aid.
- collaborating with other community agencies, public and private, seeking information, networking opportunities, and creating new programs.